ty hits recordty是什么的缩写意思

Federal Employee Morale Hits Record Low
Like what you're reading?
Never miss a thing with the HuffPost Politics newsletter!
&&Sign me up for
Newsletter may include personalized content..
More in Politics
You Might Also Like
More in Business
You Might Also Like
More in Entertainment
You Might Also Like
More in Media
You Might Also Like
More in WorldPost
You Might Also Like
More in Sports
You Might Also Like
More in Tech
You Might Also Like
More in Green
You Might Also Like
More in Gay Voices
You Might Also Like
Entertainment
Life & Style
Tech & Science
Our Mobile Apps:
Previous Story
Next Story
Federal Employee Morale Hits Record Low
WASHINGTON -- Budget cuts and forced furloughs have taken a toll on federal workers, with job satisfaction at a record low in a new ."We are dismantling the capability of our government by the way it's being managed, and the people in government are giving that message back. ...
It should be really worrisome to anyone who cares about our country," said Max Stier, president and CEO of the nonprofit Partnership for Public Service, which produced a report on the survey.The Office of Personnel Management surveys workers across the government annually about their satisfaction at work. This year, nearly
participated from April through June, just as
were hitting many workers. Using the data compiled by OPM, PPS and the consulting firm Deloitte issued their annual "" report Wednesday, finding "troubling" responses.Federal workforce satisfaction has dropped for the third straight year, to the lowest level since the rankings were first published in 2003. Meanwhile, employee satisfaction in the private sector is up. From the report: The report doesn't even tell the whole story of what federal workers faced in 2013, in part because its figures come from before the 16-day federal government shutdown in October. During that time, 800,000 employees -- many of whom had already lost part of their salaries due to earlier furloughs -- were temporarily forced out of work and left unsure of whether they would receive back pay. (Congress did eventually authorize compensation for them.) Had the survey results included the shutdown, Stier said, the picture would likely be even more discouraging."I think that if the survey were done today, I have no doubt the results would be lower," he said. "We continue to dig a deeper and deeper hole, and the shutdown was devastating in all kinds of ways. Most fundamentally because the workforce that we have in government is a mission-oriented workforce. They want to do their jobs. They're there because they want to make a difference for the public. The most damaging thing you can do for someone who's mission-oriented is tie their hands behind their back and say, 'You can't help.'"And retaining and recruiting talented employees is becoming a more worrisome problem for the government. During the shutdown, federal workers told The Huffington Post that they were
because of the uncertainty surrounding their government positions."I had never considered leaving federal service," Leah Phifer, a civil servant in the Department of Homeland Security in Minnesota said at the time. "But I have student loans to pay back. I want to buy a house. I want a life that doesn't include biannual panic attacks over arbitrarily losing my job."In a statement accompanying the report, OPM Director Katherine Archuleta warned of possible consequences should lawmakers in Congress continue to find themselves ."The survey results serve as an important warning about the long-term consequences of the sequestration and budget uncertainty," she said. "Without a more predictable and responsible budget situation, we risk losing our most talented employees, as well as hurting our ability to recruit top talent for the future."According to the , quality of leadership is the most important issue affecting government employee satisfaction, followed by the connection between employees' skills and their agency's mission. The third most important consideration is pay, which wasn't ranked as highly before 2010 and the imposition of a federal pay freeze. Among federal agencies, NASA, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Surface Transportation Board were all rated the best places to work. The Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Housing and Urban Development, Office of Management and Budget and Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board all saw the biggest decrease in employee satisfaction and commitment. During the government shutdown, President Barack Obama sent a letter to federal workers and apologized for their being treated like a "" in the current political climate, where civil servants are often portrayed as spoiled compared to private-sector workers. "None of this is fair to you. And should it continue, it will make it more difficult to keep attracting the kind of driven, patriotic, idealistic Americans to public service that our citizens deserve and that our system of self-government demands," Obama wrote.But under the most recent federal budget deal worked out between Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), federal workers will take another hit, with new employees required to . Even the Best Places to Work ranking wasn't spared the pain of the shutdown. Stier was supposed to receive the OPM survey results in early October, but he said the data ended up being delayed about three or four weeks because the government was closed.
Also on HuffPost:
 Tweet
Advertisement
Current Slide
Around the Web
FOLLOW HUFFPOST
Email Address
The Morning Email
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day..
Google Plus
Notify message
* Required
* What kind of error is this?
Choose an option
Factual or typographical
Comment moderation problem
Rights and permissions
* What is the correction?
Describe the error here (1,000 character limit)
* Type the words below so we know you are not a cyborg
Sign me up for The Morning Email
Thank you!您的位置:&&
&&学年高一英语同步练习:Module 5《Great People and Great Inventions of Ancient China》单元检测(外研版必修3)
学年高一英语同步练习:Module 5《Great People and Great Inventions of Ancient China》单元检测(外研版必修3)
地区:全国
上传人:oDvM****@qq.com
版本:外研版
下载扣点:2点
上传时间:
已有4112人下载该资源
学年高一英语同步练习:Module 5《Great People and Great Inventions of Ancient China》单元检测(外研版必修3)
单元检测(五)
第一部分 听力(共两节,满分30分)
第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1.Who is the man possibly talking to?
A.A doctor.  B.A teacher.  C.His mother.
2.What do we know about Sam?
A.His sister will leave for New York.
B.His sister will leave for Los Angeles.
C.He will leave New York.
3.What is the woman going to do?
A.Rewrite the paper because there are too many mistakes.
B.Throw the paper away.
C.Read the paper again.
4.Why does the woman thank the man?
A.He lent her some money.
B.He gave her a five-pound bill.
C.He returned her money found.
5.Where does this conversation probably take place?
A.At an airport.
B.At a railway station.
C.At a department store.
第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6至7题。
6.Who can speak French?
A.The man.
B.The woman.
C.Neither.
7.What does the man think of the job that the woman offers?
A.Disappointing.
B.Boring.
C.Interesting.
听第7段材料,回答第8至9题。
8.What were the professors doing?
A.They were talking.
B.They were reading.
C.They were sleeping.
9.Why did the other two professors come to the railway station?
A.To catch the train.
B.To say goodbye to Professor Egghead.
C.To meet Professor Egghead.
听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。
10.How does the woman feel at the beginning of the conversation?
A.Relaxed.
B.Anxious.
11.How can we learn about Lucy?
A.She is a troublemaker.
B.She’s from a rich family.
C.She isn’t friendly to others.
12.What does the man suggest the woman do?
A.Find something in common with Lucy.
B.Go to talk with Lucy’s teacher later.
C.Say sorry to Lucy first.
听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。
13.How long will Lisa stay in Japan?
A.A month.
B.A year.
C.Two years.
14.What will Lisa do before she leaves for Japan?
A.She will attend a language class.
B.She will read more Japanese novels.
C.She will apply for a new program.
15.What does Lisa think is most important for one to study abroad?
A.The mastery of a foreign language.
B.The ability to adapt new things quickly.
C.The experience of living in a foreign country.
16.How did Lisa feel when she was accepted into the program?
A.Excited.
B.Nervous.
C.Excited and nervous.
听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。
17.Where do you suppose John lived?
A.In the northeast of England.
B.In the southwest of England.
C.In London.
18.Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the text?
A.It was easier to find jobs in the south.
B.John has lost his job before going to the south.
C.He didn’t want to get a job in the northeast of England.
19.How many people were there in John’s car when the man with a gun came in?
A.The car was full.
B.Only five people were there.
C.He was alone in the car.
20.Why was John shaking before the man with a gun?
A.Because he was afraid of the gun.
B.Because he was afraid of the ticket-collector.
C.Because he found the man was very strong.
第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节 单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21.The old lady, ________ when I was in the countryside, is said to be still very much alive though in her nineties.
A.after whom I looked
B.whom I took care
C.whom I looked after
D.of whom I took care
22.During ________ Second World War,Germany was at ________ war with almost all the countries in the world.
A.the;the
23.You may borrow the book ________ you don’t lend it to anyone else.
A.in good condition
B.on no condition
C.on condition that
D.in no condition
24.________,because of all the disadvantages I have mentioned,I think,as a student,we don’t need a mobile phone.
A.As a result
B.In conclusion
C.In fact
D.To tell the truth
25.Our teachers often ________ the importance of working hard;they think only in this way can we succeed in the future.
C.realize
D.consider
26.Mike has held the ________ of marketing manager for a great many years.
A.situation
B.condition
C.location
D.position
27.I refuse to lie about it;it’s against my ________.
B.feature
C.principle
D.position
28.Three years later,he ________ because he wanted to try something different.
A.returned
C.retired
D.resigned
29.Our town ________ in all directions in the last 10 years and now it has become a modern city.
A.has spread
B.was spread
C.had spread
30.—Why did you choose Jennifer as captain of the team?
—No one was equal ________ her ________ skill and experience.
B.with;on
D.with;in
31.Knowledge learnt from books doesn’t have the same effect on a child as ________ through practice.
32.He had a wonderful childhood,________with his mother to all corners of the world.
B.to travel
C.travelled
D.travelling
33.What he said at the meeting made me uncomfortable,but ________,he was right.
A.in some ways
B.in the way
C.by the way
D.on the way
34.The reason ________ he was able to go to Zhuhai to see the air show last week was ________ he had a few days off.
A.that;because
B.why;that
C.that;why
D.why;because
35.—Frequent lack of breakfast does harm to health.
—________,why do you always do that?
A.So what
D.Even so
第二节 完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
Pete Rose,the famous baseball player,whom I have never met before,taught me something so valuable that __36__ my life.
Pete was being __37__ in spring training the year when he was about to break Ty Cobb’s hits record.One __38__ shouted suddenly,“Pete,you only need 78 hits to __39__ the record.How many at-bats (击球) do you think you’ll need to __40__ the 78 hits?” Pete just stared at the reporter and said,“78.” The reporter __41__ back,“Ah,come on,Pete.You don’t expect to get 78 hits __42__ 78 at-bats,do you?”
Mr.Rose __43__ shared his belief with the crowd of reporters who were anxiously __44__ his reply to this seemingly __45__ statement. “Every time I step up to the plate,I expect to get a hit!” “If I go up hoping to get a hit,” he __46__,“then I probably really get a hit.It is the positive __47__ that has got me all of the hits in the first place.”
When I thought about Pete Rose’s belief and __48__ it was used in everyday life,I felt a little __49__.As a business person,I was hoping to make my sales quotas (配额).As a father,I was hoping to be a good dad.As a(n) __50__ man,I was hoping to be a good husband.The __51__ was that I was a(n) __52__ salesperson,I was not so bad of a father,and I was an okay husband.I immediately __53__ that being okay was not enough!I wanted to be a great __54__,a great father and a great husband.I changed my attitude to one of the positive expectations,and the __55__ were amazing.I was fortunate enough to win a few sales trips,I won Coach of the Year in my son’s baseball league,and I share a loving relationship with my wife.Thanks,Mr.Rose!
36.A.shaped
B.enriched
D.changed
37.A.trained
B.interviewed
C.visited
D.invited
38.A.player
B.teacher
C.reporter
D.student
39.A.keep
41.A.shouted
42.A.at B.on
43.A.angrily
B.cheerfully
C.anxiously D.calmly
44.A.waiting for
B.writing down
C.talking about
D.thinking of
45.A.unusual
D.different
46.A.replied
B.continued
C.explained
D.concluded
47.A.expectation
B.imagination
C.instruction
D.suggestion
48.A.when
49.A.worried
B.unhappy
C.nervous
D.embarrassed
50.A.experienced
B.married
51.A.reason
C.problem
52.A.ordinary
B.successful
D.fortunate
53.A.imagined
C.decided
54.A.boss
B.sportsman
C.salesman
55.A.prizes
D.results
第三部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
Have fun with stamp collecting...Join the Collectors Club
If you enjoy learning all about stamps,then the Royal Mail’s Collectors Club is for you.Join the club and discover the fascinating world of stamps.There are over 70,000 members and it is one of the biggest clubs of its kind in the country.
Become a member today and you will receive lots of wonderful stamp-collecting goodies...
?A starter pack...
And every two months...
?Collectors Club magazine
?Collectors Corner supplement(赠刊)
And every year...
?A new stamp calendar
?A set of album pages
Join today!
It won’t cost you much to experience the fun of stamp collecting. Collectors Club Starter Pack:
1.100 used stamps and hinges
2.The Collectors Club Guide to Collecting
3.The latest Collectors Club magazine (packed with news and views about stamps,quizzes and competitions,all in colour)
4.Album pages
5.Badge and stickers
6.Membership card
7.Royal Mail Stamp Calendar
Already Registered?
Sign In Here!
Learn More
View a Flash Presentation about Our Club (3.51 MB)
56.Which of the following is NOT included in a starter pack?
A.One hundred used stamps and hinges and a set of album pages.
B.The Collectors Club Guide to Collecting and a badge and stickers.
C.The latest Collectors Club magazine and a membership card.
D.A Royal Mail Stamp Calendar and a Collectors Corner supplement.
57.This advertisement is written for people who want to ________.
A.make money through stamp collecting
B.develop stamp collecting as a hobby
C.get something free from the club
D.find out where the club is located
58.From the advertisement we can learn ________.
A.Collectors Club is among the biggest clubs in this country
B.how much you must pay to become a member of the club
C.today is the last day for stamp collectors to join the club
D.members may receive a set of album pages every month
59.Where is this advertisement most probably found?
A.In a newspaper.
B.On a web page.
C.In a magazine.
D.On a TV program.
The most important use of drifting (漂流) bottles is to find ocean currents.When the position and direction of currents are known,ships can use the forward movement of a current or stay away from currents that would carry them off their course.Benjamin Franklin was one of the first to use bottles in the study of currents.He wondered why British ships needed a week or two longer than US ships needed in order to cross the Atlantic Ocean.Franklin thought the Gulf Stream (墨西哥湾流) might explain this difference.
Franklin talked with captains of US ships.He found that they knew each turn of the Gulf Stream.They used the current in every possible way.From his talks with the captains,Franklin made his first map of the Gulf Stream.Then he checked his map by using sealed (密封的) bottles.The map that he finally made is still used,with only a few changes,today.
60.Why are drifting bottles used?
A.To determine the position of a ship.
B.To find the direction of a current.
C.To predict the direction of a ship.
D.To carry message across the ocean.
61.What led Franklin to talk with US captains?
A.US ships were longer than British ones.
B.British ships could sail the Atlantic faster than US ones.
C.US ships could sail the Atlantic faster than British ones.
D.US captains knew more about maps.
62.How did Franklin make the map?
A.By travelling across the Atlantic Ocean.
B.By travelling across the Gulf.
C.According to the talks with US captains.
D.By using sealed bottles.
63.What did Franklin do to check his map?
A.He compared his own map with other maps.
B.He asked US captains to help him.
C.He put bottles in the sea to check his map.
D.He sealed some bottles.
It was Thanksgiving morning.I was busy preparing the traditional Thanksgiving turkey when the doorbell rang.I opened the front door and saw two small children in rags huddling together on the top step.
“Any old papers,lady?” asked one of them.
I was busy.I wanted to say “no” until I looked down at their feet.They were wearing thin little sandals(凉鞋),wet with heavy snow.
“Come in and I’ll make you a cup of hot cocoa.”
They walked over and sat down at the table.Their wet sandals left marks upon the floor.I served them cocoa and bread to fight against the cold outside.Then I went back to the kitchen and started cooking.
The silence in the front room struck me.I looked in.The girl held the empty cup in her hands,looking at it.The boy asked in a flat voice,“Lady,are you rich?”
“Am I rich?Pity,no!”
I looked at my worn-out slipcovers(椅套).The girl put her cup back in its saucer(茶碟) carefully and said,“Your cups match your saucers.” They left after that,holding their papers against the wind.They had reminded me that I had so much for which to be grateful.Plain blue china cups and saucers were only worth five pence.But they matched.I tasted the potatoes and stirred(搅动) the meat soup.Potatoes and brown meat soup,a roof over our heads,my man with a regular job...these matched,too.
I moved the chairs back from the fire and cleaned the living room.The muddy marks of little sandals were still wet upon my floor.Let them be for a while,I thought,just in case I should begin to forget how rich I am.
64.Which of the following would be the best title for the text?
A.Lady,Are You Rich?
B.A Story of Thanksgiving Day
C.Don’t Forget You Are Rich
D.Do Cups and Saucers Match Well?
65.The writer let the two children come in and served them well because ________.
A.she wanted to sell old papers to them
B.she wanted to invite them to her thanksgiving party
C.she showed great pity and care on them
D.she had the same experience as them in the past
66.The writer left the muddy marks of little sandals on the floor for a while to ________.
A.show that she was a kind-hearted lady
B.remind her that she shouldn’t forget how rich she was
C.leave room for readers to think about what being rich is
D.prove that she had understood what meant being rich
67.It can be inferred from the text that whether you are rich depends on ________.
A.how much money you have made
B.what attitude you have towards life
C.the way you help others
D.your social relationship
Every year thousands of tourists visit Pompeii,Italy.They see the sights that Pompeii is famous for—its stadium(运动场) and theatres,its shops and restaurants.The tourists do not,however,see Pompeii’s people.They do not see them because Pompeii has no people.No one has lived in Pompeii for almost 2,000 years.
Once,Pompeii was a busy city of 22,000 people.It lay at the foot of Mount Vesuvius,a grass-covered volcano(火山).Mount Vesuvius had not erupted(喷发) for centuries,so the people of Pompeii felt safe.But they were not.
In August of AD 79,Mount Vesuvius erupted.The entire top of the mountain exploded,and a huge black cloud rose into the air.Soon stones and hot ashes began to fall on Pompeii.When the eruption ended two days later,Pompeii was buried under 20 feet of stones and ashes.Almost all of its people were dead.
For centuries,Pompeii lay buried under stones and ashes.Then,in the year 1861,an Italian scientist named Ginseppe began to uncover Pompeii.Slowly,carefully,Ginseppe and his men dug.The city looked almost the same as it had looked in AD 79.There were streets and fountains,houses and shops.There was a stadium with 20,000 seats.Perhaps the most important of all,there were everyday objects,which tell us a great deal about the people who lived in Pompeii.Many glasses and jars had some dark blue colour in the bottom,so we know that the people of Pompeii liked wine.They liked bread,too;metal bread pans were in every bakery.In one bakery there were 81 round,flat loaves of bread—a type of bread that is still sold in Italy today.Tiny boxes filled with a dark,shiny powder tell us that women liked to wear eye-makeup.
Ginseppe has died,but his work continues.One-fourth has not been uncovered yet.Scientists are still digging,still making discoveries that draw the tourists to Pompeii.
68.Why do a large number of people come to Pompeii each year?
A.To visit the volcano.
B.To shop and eat there.
C.To watch sports and plays.
D.To see how Pompeians lived.
69.Why had so many people remained by volcanic Mount Vesuvius?
A.Because the city nearly offered all kinds of fun.
B.Because the area produced the finest wine in Italy.
C.Because few people expected the volcano to erupt again.
D.Because the mountain was beautiful and covered with grass.
70.Why did the city uncovered look almost the same as it had looked in AD 79?
A.Because Ginseppe and his men dug it slowly and carefully.
B.Because the city was buried alive and remained untouched.
C.Because scientists successfully rebuilt the city with everyday objects.
D.Because nobody had lived in the city ever since the volcano erupted.
第二节(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。
You must practice your language skills,or there is no point learning.__71__ It is by constantly repeating words and phrases until they all start to make sense.The same is needed by people who are trying to learn a foreign language.There are many different things to do for each of the four parts of language learning.
__72__ If you are learning French,then next time you go to France,buy a lot of newspapers and books.Read them—it is as simple as that.If you read with a dictionary next to you,you should be able to look up words when you don’t know them and at least follow what is being said.
Practicing writing does not have to be too tricky.__73__ You could write to tourist information offices asking for brochures about their town,or to hotels asking for details of prices.With the Internet,practicing writing does not have to be difficult as you can write a quick e-mail and send it straight off.If a reply comes back to you containing the information you requested,you will feel happy as your practice is paying off.
Practicing speaking skills is perhaps the most interesting experience because you get the chance to interact with others.Of course,the best way to practice is to visit the country where the language is spoken.__74__ If this route is also closed,do not panic.You can speak to yourself and make tapes of it.
The practice of listening skills tends to go hand in hand with speaking.If you are able to do any of the above,such as going on a holiday or chatting with a native speaker,then the listening practice will follow naturally.__75__ You can also listen to rented DVDs in the language with and without subtitles to help you along.
A.Traveling is a good way of enjoying the culture.
B.Practicing reading does not have to be difficult.
C.Think of how a child picks up its mother tongue.
D.But if not,you can buy or borrow tapes of people speaking.
E.A good test to see if your writing is making sense is to ask for
F.You can persuade your partner or best friend to learn the language with you.
G.If this is not possible,then speak to a friend or your teacher if they have time.
第四部分 写作(共两节,满分35分)
第一节 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
Dear Sir,
How are you?As a exchange student,I am writing to tell you I would prefer to move into a single room in the next term,as I find it inconvenient to share a room with others.My roommate often held parties at night,made much noise.Besides,his friends are always visiting him,that disturbs me a lot.So I hope to draw your attentions to this problem.If you think in my position,I am sure he will agree that the only solution for me is get a room of my own,one not in the same building but as near to the school campus as possible.I would be gratefully if you could do me favor.
Best wishes.
Yours sincerely,
第二节 书面表达(满分25分)
根据下列表格写一篇100词左右的人物介绍。
姓名 William Sidney Porte r 笔名 O·Henry 职业 短篇小说家
国籍 美国 生卒时间
出生地 美国西部
个人简历 1.年轻时在银行和报社工作;2.30多岁时无辜坐了3年牢,在狱中开始写作;3.出狱后,定居纽约,很快取得成功;4.一生写了300多篇小说,其中一些被翻译成汉语,深受中国读者欢迎。
21.C 22.D 23.C 24.B 25.A 26.D 27.C 28.D 29.A 30.A 31.D 32.D 33.A 34.B 35.B 36.D 37.B 38.C 39.B 40.A 41.A 42.C 43.D 44.A 45.B 46.B 47.A 48.C 49.D 50.B 51.D 52.A 53.C 54.C 55.D 56.D 57.B 58.A 59.B 60.B 61.C 62.C 63.C 64.A 65.C 66.B 67.B 68.D 69.C 70.B 71.C 72.B 73.E 74.G 75.D
Dear Sir,
How are you?As
exchange student,I am writing to tell you I would prefer to move into a single room in\ the next term,as I find it inconvenient to share a room with others.My roommate often
parties at night, much noise.Besides,his friends are always visiting him, disturbs me a lot.So I hope to draw your
to this problem.If you think in my position,I am sure
will agree that the only solution for me is
get a room of my own,one not in the same building but as near to the school campus as possible.I would be
if you could do me
Best wishes.
Yours sincerely,
O·Henry is the pen-name of an American short-story writer.His real name is William Sidney Porter.He was born in the west of America in 1867,and died in 1910.As a young man,he worked in a bank and for a newspaper.Unfortunately,he was put in prison for three years in his thirties,though he had done nothing wrong.It was there that he began his writing.After he was set free,he settled in New York City and became a successful writer.He wrote about 300 short stories,some of which have been translated into Chinese.His books are very popular in China.
版权所有:中华资源库

我要回帖

更多关于 ty的意思 的文章

随机推荐