高职高专专业目录2015世纪英语综合教程1第四版第五单元truelove的习题

新世纪高等院校英语综合教程1第二版课后习题答案._作业帮
新世纪高等院校英语综合教程1第二版课后习题答案.
新世纪高等院校英语综合教程1第二版课后习题答案.
是这个 吗Key to Exercises (Unit 1)Text comprehension:I.\x09CII.\x09T, T, T, F, FIII.\x091. Refer to Para 12. The mere thought of his son’s death in that terrible war in Italy made him cry.2. Refer to Para12. Three months.3. Refer to Para 13 and 20. They mean “never give in to sadness” or “refuse to give in to sadness.4. Refer to Para 13. He asked the author to always remember the joy and happiness of the times when he first said hello to his friends.5. Refer to Para 14 and 15. Grandpa’s grave illness led the author to the old house.6. Refer to the last Para. Grandpa must have felt greatly relieved that the author had finally found out the essence of his words.IV.
1. Our big old house was closely related with the joys and sorrows of four generations.
2. I planted these roses a long, long time ago before your mother was born.
3. Many sons left home to fight against the Fascist Nazi.
4. Take the first friendly greeting and always keep it deep in your heart.Vocabulary I.\x091. suddenly found myself faced with2. share the same characteristic3. summer is an everlasting season4. let yourself be overcome by5. keep it in your mind
and don’t ever forget itII.
Confronted with,
lock away,
welled up,
whispering,
give inIII.
D, B, B, B, A, D, B, C,IV.
1 shaking,
shuddered,
2. answer,
3. general,
1. pain (grief, sorrow, agony)
2. loudly (harshly, roughly)
3. sorrow ( grief, dismay)
4. inconspicuously (unnoticeably)
5. small (little)
6. meet (gather)
7. seriously (severely, hopelessly)
8. lengthy ( long) VI.
industrial,
description,
suspicion,
assistant,
unemployed,
proof. examination, further Grammar I.
1. were bathing, were looking, were playing2. was sitting, was reading,3.was leaving, was , arrived, learned, had left, found, had used4. were playing, heard, hid, took5. was cycling, stepped, was going, managed, didn’t hit6. gave, thanked, said, had enjoyed, knew, had not read, were7. had played, reached, entered8. was running, struckII.\x09left, spent, had been travel(l)ing, appeared, was, were crossing, could, arrived, was sleeping, stopped, came, were sitting, was, had not arrived, would be III.\x091. was talking2. correct3. remembered4. had been working5. resigned6. correct7.correct8.correctIV.\x091. take2. to play3. lifted, thrown4. barking5. played6. to say7. beaten8. bite, slither9. drop10. lyingV.\x091. Poor as /though he was, he was honest.2. Terrible as/though the storm was, we continued our journey.3. Hard as/though he tried, he was unable to make much progress.4. Tired as/though I was, I went on working.5. Much as I would like to help you, I’m afraid I’m simply too busy at the moment.6. Much as I admire him as a writer, I do not like him as a man.7. Strong as/though he was, Tom couldn’t lift it.8. Bravely as/though they fought, they had no chance of winning.VI. e.g. He put the big box down on the floor, breathing heavily and looking exhausted.Translation exercisesI.\x091. 我 10岁那年, 突然要搬家,从我唯一知道的家搬走, 心中痛苦万分.2. 我们似乎有许多不同的方式说再见, 但它们都有一个共同之处,那就是令人感到悲哀.3. 有一天,一场可怕的战争爆发了,我的儿子,就像许许多多的儿子,背井离乡与极大的邪恶战斗去了.4. 我在自己的心灵深处搜寻那些构成我们友谊的特殊感情.II.1.\x09He has prepared answers to the questions that he expects to confront during the interview.2.\x09His sad story touched us so deeply that we nearly cried.3.\x09The two of them are walking hand in hand along the river bank, chatting, laughing, and looking happy.4.\x09When he heard the exciting news, tears of joy welled up in his eyes.5.\x09People from Shanghai can understand Suzhou dialect with ease, for Shanghai dialect and Suzhou dialect have much in common.6.\x09Henry and his wife are looking into the possibility of buying a new house within three years.7.\x09He finally gave in to his daughter’s repeated requests to further her education abroad.8.\x09We locked all our valuables away before we went on holiday.9.\x09Although we have parted from each other, I hope that we will remain good friends and that we will care for and help each other just as we did in the past.10.\x09At that critical moment, the army commander summoned all the officers to work out new strategies and tactics which would make it possible to conquer the enemy.Exercises for integrated skillsI.\x09throughout history/ the basic unit of almost every human society/has been the family./ Members of the family live together/under the same roof./ They share the economic burdens of life/ as well as its joys./ The family head usually has considerable influence/in arranging marriages,/selecting careers/ and determining all important moves and purchases/by any member of the family./Particularly in conditions/ where society or the state /does not give aid/ and the responsibilities of the family are greater,/this large group/provides better protection/in times of economic or other emergency./II.\x09later,
howeverWriting 1.a. We want to do something perfectly.
b. Sometimes we tend to put off what we can do today till tomorrow simply because we want to do something perfectly.2. For example, a strict control over the access to the secret data shouldn’t be absent.3. a. I was born and bred in a city.
b. being born and bred in a city, I am interested in everything in the countryside.4. a. Those people can see opportunity and are prepared to take advantage of it.
b. Lucky people are those who see opportunity and are prepared to take advantage of it.5. the dog ran around the yard to find the ball.6. Many unique animals live in Australia, such as the kangaroo and the koala.7. ‘If only’ is a great excuse, especially if it’s something totally out of your control.8. You feel rewarded for your hard work and get spiritual or sometimes material satisfaction.9.a. the bird flew through the air, swooping and diving. b. Swooping and diving, the bird flew through the air.10. The moon hung in the sky, like a brilliant silver disk.1.\x09Listening exercisesA.
2. Food from your country
4. A calendar
5. RosesB.
1. a key-shaped birthday cake./ It means the girl is an adult and can come home at any time.
2. a cow./ It can bring good luck to the newly-weds.
3. sticky rice candy./ It expresses the hope that the students will “stick to” the university.C.
1. A/A handkerchief means goodbye.
2. A/A tie is too personal.
3. B/Roses mean love and romance.
4. A/Even numbers are unlucky.
5. B/”Four” sounds like the word for “death” in Japanese.ly just in order to steal things from others’ farms. 2. Young people find teammates on the internet and go traveling to other cities together. II. Keys: 1. bored to death 2. virtual 3. must spend 4. staying up very late 5. interest me 6. traveling alone. 7. go Dutch. 8. think twice III. Keys: 1. Why not try Radio English on Sunday? It’s a famous teaching program. 2. I am not good at sport at all. 3. Is surfing very popular in your country? 4. The packing should be attractive as well as good quality. 5. I agree with you up to a point, but please think twice before you do it. 6. Do you prefer first or economy class? IV. Keys: 1. T 2. F 5. F 6. T3. F 7. F4. T 8. TV. Keys: 1. carry out 2. setting up 3. diary writing 4. gives a way 5. update 6. the whole world1 Dialogue TwoII. Keys: 1. with it 2. incredible 3. recommend 4. open free market 5. unwanted things 6. amazing 7. household 8. the bottom of our heart 9. have got a point III. Keys: 1. I'm looking for a dress. Can I try on this one? 2. Could you recommend a good place for dinner? 3. The most popular color this autumn is gray. 4. Is this camera new or secondhand? 5. How much do you weigh? 6. This is an unwanted birthday gift. 7. Would you please give us a brief introduction of your company? 8. It has become a household brand in Britain. IV. Keys: 1. Here is our new manager. Here is our latest product. 2. I would like to recommend this new employee. I would like to recommend this new textbook. 3. Have you ever heard of the story “Three Little Pigs”? Have you ever heard of this person? 4. It’s a pleasure to show our factory to our customers. It’s a pleasure for me to introduce our guests today. V. Keys: internet, teammate VI. Keys: disadvantageSection Three Intensive ReadingI. Keys: 1. Software designer / computer technician / website staff / online game designer /2 computer maker / computer seller … 2. Young people are easier to accept new ideas, learn new things, and understand the technology and they won’t be shy in interpersonal communication. 3. Good communication skills / a sense of fashion trends / open-minded to new ideas / have some knowledge on marketing / know something about psychology II. Keys: 1. C 2. E 6. B 7. H3. J 8. G4. A 9. D5. I 10. FIII. Keys: 1. Because there are often work experience requirements in the job ads. 2. In the internet-related areas. 3. There will be more and more young people playing social games, which gives a good opportunity for job hunting. 4. Students understand the technology more easily than those who’re older. 5. A social game designer must be able to manage a range of work, like designing game plots, creating characters, and suggesting visual and audio effects. 6. It helps if college students learn more about psychology and marketing, while developing good communication skills and other abilities. 7. Because young people visit online forums more often, and they have a sense of trends and know more about ways to make the forum popular. And moreover, they have an advantage in organizing social activities on and off line. 8. They need to give comments on the hotel they’ve stayed in and share the pictures and videos on their blog. 9. The name implies gathering the experiences of users and potential users, and helping products improvement. 10. Because many websites have part-time and full-time positions in the user experience field. IV. Keys: 1. implied 2. sense 3. function 4. requirements 5. open-minded 6. gathered 7. advantage 8. depressed 9. opportunity 10. established V. Keys: 1. That’s something we should always keep in mind. 2. The movie makes me feel despaired. It seems that the world is hopeless. 3. The meeting will deal with a range of problems. 4. Why not take advantage of our free customer ordering service? 5. What about the meetings you had with those potential customers? 6. She got depressed and wanted to give up. 7. Please describe the position you want to apply for. 8. For further information, please contact our manager. 9. Have you discussed our most recent proposal with your senior management?3 10. He is a person with enthusiasm and his speech is inspiring.Section Four Know-how SharingI. Keys: 1. G 2. D II. Keys: 1. C 2. G 3. A 4. I 5. C 6. J 7. H 8. B 9. E 10. F3. E4. J5. A6. I7. B8. D9. H10. FSection Five Information ExchangingI. Keys: 5-6-3-2-1-4 II. Keys: action-packed hard-hittingslow-moving spine-chilling heart-warming far-fetchedbreath-takingUnit Two City Life And Folk Customs Section Two Language Building Dialogue OneI. Keys: 1. There are 1,100 apartments. 2. Burj Dubai Tower can attract more tourists every year and make the country richer and richer. II. Keys: 1. located in 2. interested in 3. agree with 4. powerful symbol 5. suffering from 6. competition for the title 7. rapid growth 8. social III. Keys: 1. apartment 2. preserve4 3. destroyed 4. incredible 5. interested 6. symbol 7. discuss 8. located 9. keen 10. focus IV. Keys: 1. Our teaching building reaches 80 meters in height. 2. She is suffering from the pain caused by stomach ache. 3. The ancient building located in the southwest of the town. 4. Jack is very interested in Chinese Kongfu. 5. All eyes were focused on him. 6. 我不明白为什么有那么多的国家对建造摩天大楼感兴趣。 7. 我希望有更多的注意力放到改善人民基本生活条件上来。 8. 摩天大楼是现代化和科技高速发展的象征。 9. 像在北京这样古老的城市里,建筑的高度受到严格的限制,以保护城市别具 一格的特色。 10. 这不是一个技术上的问题,而是一个社会问题。 V. Keys: 1. above 2. in 3. for 4. on 5. of 6. with 7. with 8. asDialogue TwoII. Keys: 1. morning tea 2. greeting words 3. refreshments 4. dim sum 5. snacks 6. negotiating business 7. remarkable III. Keys:5 1. snacks 6. constitute2. recommends 3. social 4. continued 7. popular 8. remarkable 9. communication5. leisure 10. negotiateIV. Keys: 1. Her show is one of the most popular television programmes in history. 2. I enjoy almost all sports, but I especially like tennis and gymnastics. 3. Talk to young children using language they understand. 4. The city is famous for its restaurants, cafes and theaters. 5. He successfully negotiate a new contract with the union. 6. The young couple paddled a little boat leisurely on the river. 7. Rice, meat, vegetables, and fruit constitute a balanced diet. 8. She showed remarkable courage and resolve. 9. Mothers know by instinct that praise is vital to children. 10. Ice cream is a good refreshment on a hot day. V. Keys: A: Hi, long time no see, how is everything? B: Well, pretty good, how about you? A: Same here! This summer would be very hot, where do you plan to have a vacation? B: I do not have any plan. But Hainan sounds great, and you? A: I have already decided! B: Really? A: I am planning to go to Guilin. B: Is it interesting there? A: Without a doubt! Have you ever heard “Guilin’s scenery is the best in the world”? What I love most is the snacks there. B: Sounds great!Section Three Intensive ReadingI. Keys 1. “Golden Weeks” means the national festivals when people can enjoy the 7-day holidays and when the business can get a great profit. 2. Yes. Because “Golden Weeks” can let me have a rather long time for relaxation, in those days, I can go back to my home, and I can have a trip with my family or friends. I do many things as I am pleased. 3. The government should take the responsibilities to develop the public transportation system. And the companies can arrange the vacations for their staff more flexibly. Also the people arrange their own travelling out more scientifically. II. Keys 1. J 2. C3. I4. A5. F 6. D7. B8. E 9. H 10. G6 III. Keys 1. B; D 2. B 3. B 4. C5. B6. D7. A 10. CIV. Keys 1. traditional 2. expand 3. schedule 4. estimated 5. exceed 6. domestic 7. disrupt 8. legal 9. overloaded 10. irregular V. Keys 1. In order to achieve great success, people are working hard. 2. The buses can cover any place you want to go. 3. One’s personality is strongly related to his/her family. 4. He decided to expand his business to foreign countries. 5. The money is insufficient to afford my school tuition. 6. The war disrupted the economic development. 7. The fans were waiting in queues in the rain for the superstar. 8. Many people were injured in this accident, including women and kids. 9. At least one hundred people/civilians died in this riot. 10. I was greatly moved by his kindness.Section Five Information ExchangingI. For your reference: Taipei 101 is a landmark skyscraper located in Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan. The building was the world’s tallest completed skyscraper from 2004 to 2010. The building contains 101 floors above ground and 5 floors underground. Its postmodern style combines Asian and international modern and traditional elements. It is designed to withstand typhoons and earthquakes. The name of the tower reflects its location in Taipei’s international business district as well as its floor count.Unit Three Venture And Investment Section Two Language Building Dialogue OneI. Keys: 1. E-business 2. The students often do not understand the market. II. Keys: 1. a national issue 2. promising7 3. lack experience 4. devote time and effort to 5. risks 6. thorough business plan 7. low start-up costs 8. way III. Keys: 1. a person who introduces and talks to guests on a television or radio show 2. at now 3. a business which uses the internet to sell goods or services. 4. a new or difficult task that tests yo be without / be short of 5. the possibility of something bad happening at some time in the future 6. advice, or the idea that somebody puts forward for you to think about. 7. put some money in an enterprise with the expectation of profit 8. of a person willing to help somebody IV. Keys: 1. business 该公司与许多国家做生意。 2. innovative 设有一项最具创意设计奖。 3. promising 他是个有前途的青年钢琴家。 4. depends on 比赛是否举行要看天气而定。 5. devoted 她全力倾注于自己的事业。 6. revenue 政府的财政收入和支出要平衡。 7. Experience 经验是最好的老师。 8. opportunity 我们应充分利用这一机遇。 V. Keys: 1. Please give some suggestions to those freshmen who want to enter a top company. 2. He is determined to go through with the undertaking. 3. He went on to talk about the world situation. 4. Prices depend largely on the market demand. 5. The company has developed its business in the field of electronics. 6. He was careful enough to check up every detail. 7. Imagination and hard work are the elements of success. 8. Destruction of the environment is one of the most serious challenges we face.Dialogue TwoII. Keys: 1. widening 2. has been slightly changing 3. is increasing 4. lagging behind8 5. major force III. Keys: 1. conference 她正在出席一个为期三天的有关艾滋病教育的会议。 2. increasing 石油的价格正在上涨。 3. survey 调查表明女性比男性寿命长。 4. slightly 一月份这条航线的乘客数量略有减少。 5. gap 目前少数民族地区的经济和社会发展水平与内地、 沿海地区相比仍有很大 的差距。 6. lag behind 他不想在学习上落后。 IV. Keys: 1. competitive 我们必须更加努力工作以保持对其他公司的竞争力。 2. widen 我们应该博览群书来扩大我们的知识面。 3. declined 去年到这个胜地旅游的人数减少了 10%。 4. urbanization 10 多年来,中国加快了城市化进程。 5. published 报告将在互联网上公布。 6. economic 旅游业已成为新疆发展的一个新的经济增长点。 7. coastal 我认为圣地亚哥是个阳光迷人的海滨城市。 8. surveyed 我们对 500 名吸烟者进行了调查,发现有超过四分之三的人愿意 戒烟。 V. Keys: 1. I like tea while she likes coffee. 我喜欢喝茶,而她喜欢喝咖啡。 Some people waste food while others haven’t enough. 有些人很费粮食,然而有些 人却吃不饱。 The son was having a good meal at home,while the parents were working in the fields. 儿子在家吃好饭而父母却在田里辛勤劳作。 2. He has bought dozens of books, including an English novel.他买了很多书, 包括一 本英文小说。 The band played many songs, including some of my favourites.这个乐队唱了很多的 歌,包括我喜欢的一些歌. 3. He came to China as a tourist five years ago.他五年前以游客的身份来过中国。 She works as an interpreter in that company. 她在该公司里担任翻译员。 4. We are still prodigally rich compared to others. 和别人相比,我们仍然很富有。 My handwriting is good, but it is poor as compared to my father's. 我的书法很好, 但 与我父亲的相比,我的就很差了。 Standards in health care have improved enormously compared to 40 years ago. 与 40 年前相比,卫生保健的水平得到了极大提高。 5. Their company was lagging behind in the competition for customers. 在竞争消费 者方面他们公司落后了。 They do not like to be lagging behind the others. 他们不愿意落在人后。 6. The nurses and the teachers got pay rises of 6% and 9% respectively. 护士和教师 的工资分别增加百分之六和百分之九。9 The proportion of three industries was 3.3 percent, 37.8 percent and 58.9 percent respectively. 三个产业比重分别为 3.3%、37.8%和 58.9%。 7. The influence of parents is a major force in the development of character. 父母的影响是人格形成的主要因素。 8. The company's bank statements illustrate its success. 这家公司的银行报表说明 了它的成功。 The incident illustrates the need for better security measures. 这次事件说明了加强 安全措施的必要。Section Three Intensive ReadingII. Keys: 1. F 2. D 3. A 4. H 5. C 6. J 7. G 8. E 9. B 10. IIII. Keys: 1. The Web. 2. 24% — a figure more than twice the overall job-growth rate. 3. In processing words or numbers. 4. The best jobs will be for people who manage customers, organize fans, and do digital community management. 5. It’s about the long-term climate crisis. IV. Keys: 1. F 2. F3. T4. T5. TV. Keys: 1. privilege 2. consequence 3. essential 4. implement 5. obvious 6. overall 7. swell 8. community 9. consulting 10. tremendouslySection Four Know-how SharingI. Keys: 1. G 2. A 3. H 4. C 5. F 6. B 7. D 8. EII. Keys: 1. earn 2. spend3. pay4. waste105. borrow6. save, invest III. Keys: 1. a check, a credit card, a debit card 2. a wallet, a purse, a money belt 3. a bill, a fine, a fare 4. a share, a piggy bankUnit Four Activities And Events Section Two Language Building Dialogue OneI. Keys: 1. They are going to visit a village, an event organized by Home of Youth Volunteer. 2. The have donated 200ml blood, and planted trees in Guangzhou Sculpture Park, as the Asian Games Volunteer Forest. II. Keys: 1. participate in 2. special way of life 3. impact 4. life experiences 5. T we can make it better 6. sign up III. Keys: CAD H BE I G F IV. Keys: 1. for2. by3. with4. on5. for6. upDialogue TwoII. Keys: 1. nearly 2. get asleep 3. be famous overnight 4. rewarded 5. shown 6. knocked out 7. drawn 8. lasts for11 9. between 10. big profits III. Keys: 1. tired 5. draw2. inspired 6. overnight3. competition 7. contestants4. lasted 8. panicIV. Keys: 1. 下一个选手是来自佛罗里达州的薇拉。 2. 为找回珠宝而悬赏。 3. 因为他的失业,全家人都迁回了农村,艰难地生活。 4. 总统的受欢迎程度大大降低。 5. 我希望你们注意禁止吸烟的规定。 6. 炎热的天气持续了 6 月整一个月。 V. Keys: A: Do you like music? B: Yes. I can’t live without music. A: What’s your favorite kind of music? B: Rock music. A: What about the pop music. B: I used to listen to pop. A: How do you like the rock concert? B: It was great! She is my favorite rock star. A: Her costumes are so unique and she performs with so much energy. B: Her songs are so upbeat and easy to dance to. A: But I can’t understand a single word she sings. B: That’s funny. Neither can I.Section Three Intensive ReadingI. Keys: 1. The Apprentice is an American reality television show hosted by real estate magnate, businessman and television personality, Donald Trump. 2. The winner can get a job in estate magnate Donald Trump’s company for a $250,000 yearly salary. 3. Open. II. Keys: 1. D 2. G3. A4. H5. C6. E7. B8. FIII. Keys: 1. The Apprentice is an American reality television show hosted by real estate magnate, businessman and television personality, Donald Trump.12 2. 16. 3. The winner can get a job in estate magnate Donald Trump’s company for a $250,000 yearly salary. 4. The contestants are typically from real estate, restaurant management, political consulting, sales, and marketing. 5. It is difficult to say. Some are clearly motivated by the promise of a six-figure salary and some claim they want the experience of working with a successful businessman such as Donald Trump. 6. Win in China is much more dramatic and interactive than The Apprentice because the audience will be involved IV. Keys: 1. have been assigned 2. claimed 3. fierce 5. reward 6. ambitious 7. is responsible for4. reality 8. selectV. Keys: 1. Which country is going to host the next World Cup? 2. Yesterday, they fired her for stealing from the company. 3. When he loses his temper, he isn’t responsible for his actions. 4. I selected four postcards and handed them to the cashier. 5. She was invited to take part in a TV debate. 6. We are registering the baby’s birth this morning now. 7. All this noise is driving me mad. 8. I heard Sony have launched thinnest LCD TV in the world.Unit Five Culture And Communication Section Two Language Building Dialogue OneI. Keys: 1. Because they had weapons of mass destruction and Saddam Hussein was a cruel dictator. II. Keys: 1. work better than 2. did we 3. confused 4. make sense 5. supposed to 6. another good reason 7. For one thing13 III. Keys: 1. The market exchange rates vary from time to time. 2. Li Lei is preparing for the civil service exam in October. 3. True friendship lasts forever. 4. I’m afraid I’ve got some unexpected business to attend to, I won’t be able to make your meeting tonight. 5. She rubbed her shoes with a cloth to make them shine. IV. Keys: 1. rings 2. yellow 3. background 4. at least 5. appearance 6. adopted 7. blue 8. framed 9. representing 10. sign V. Keys: 1. English 2. German 3. French 4. Swiss 5. Italian 6. German 7. French 8. English 9. Italian 10. SwissDialogue TwoII. Keys: 1. in 2. up 3. for 4. to 5. into 6. in 7. through 8. in14 9. despite 10. ofSection Three Intensive ReadingI. Keys: 1. People communicate via language, nonverbal communication. II. Keys: 1. F 2. D III. Keys: 1. crucial 2. deny 3. accept 4. judge 5. aggressive 6. interpret 7. amuse 8. vary 9. harmonious 10. ran away IV. Keys: 1. T 2. F3. H4. A5. J6. C7. E8. G9. B10. I3. F4. F5. TV. Keys: 1. B C 2. A B C D3. A D4. B A5. A CSection Four Know-how SharingI. Keys: 1. a mirror 2. a rabbit’s foot 3. a ladder 4. a falling leaf 5. a black cat 6. your left hand 7. an umbrella 8. knocking on woodSection Five Information ExchangingI. Keys: 12 May, 2010 Dear Mr. Foster, We would like to invite you to the activity of “Let’s Dance Chopin”. It is a worldwide premiere of a Chopin’s music at the Auditorium Expo Center at 5pm on 19 May, 2010. On the dance show, 100 artists from all over the world will dance to the music15 performed by the Polish Orchestra “Simfonia Iuventus”. We hope you would be available to join the event. Looking forward to meeting you. Your Sincerely, XXX Personnel ManagerUnit Six Man And Nature Section Two Language BuildingI. Keys: 1.They are talking about the travel in space. 2. It would cost one passenger $20,000 dollars. II. Keys: 1. What kind of stuff 2. Unbelievable 3. become a reality 4. How far away 5. Such trips must be very expensive. 6. get some training 7. life experience.III. Keys: 1. unbelievable 2. trip/travel 3. stuff 4. relax 5. book 6. show 7. enrich 8. pilot V. Keys: 1. 这要花掉你 2 万美金。 2. 近年来生产成本迅速上涨。 3. 乘客要为这当日往返的旅行支付多少钱呢? 4. 请检查一下以确认你的工资额是否正确。 5. 希望您能选到一间安静的房间,且住宿愉快! 6. 我们回到公园, 希望能找到她的钱包。16 7. 你要订票,并接受一些训练。 8. 这本书有很多图片和地图。 9. 把枕套洗干净,用棉花或羽绒填充。 10. 请把你所有的东西都放到这个盒子里,脱下鞋,走到这个门这里。Dialogue TwoII. Keys: 1. been up to 2. theme activity 3. Wh celebrate 4. It will be a good way 5. the beginning of 6. focus on 7. a series of activity III. Keys: 1. Earth Day 2. Student Union 3. art exhibit 4. green technology 5. environmental protection IV. Keys: 1. environmental protection 2. 1970 3. former 4. modern environmental movement. 5. 40th anniversary 6. celebrate 7. the state of the world’s environment 8. a series ofSection Three Intensive ReadingII. Keys: 1. F 2. C 6. G 7. B III. Keys: Noun Verb cool Adjective 3. I 8. J 4. A 9. H 5. D 10. E17 heat local recycling arrangement power / empower maximization / maximum collection minimum / minimization description survival/ survivor operation /operator tape enclosure IV. Keys: 1. C 2. E enclose operate minimize localizeheating / heatedrecyclable arranged powerful maximum collectable/ collected minimum descriptive survivable operational/ operative3. A4. D5. BUnit Seven Products And Trade Section Two Language Building Dialogue OneI. Keys: 1. He is looking for two filing cabinets with locks and a wooden computer desks 2. No, they will talk to the manager. II. Keys: 1. available 2. wide 3. What’s the unit price 4. for a 20% discount 5. prefer 6. place an order 7. a better price 8. at other ends18 III. Keys: 1. inch 英寸 2. foot 英尺 3. kilogram 公斤 4. month 月 5. year 年 6. pound 英镑,源自拉丁文 Libra 7. ounce 盎司 8. hour 小时 9. centimeter 厘米 10. megabyte 兆字节 11. miles per hour 英里每小时 12. per week 每周 IV. Keys: 1. I am looking for an another more suitable job that I can thoroughly perform my ability. 2. Your price is reasonable but I wonder if you would give us a discount. 3. We usually provide our customers with a guarantee of quality for two years. 4. Just go to prepare the file. You have 1 hour to do it. 5. This car has a much bigger engine and more leg room. 6. This meeting is about the promotion of our new product. 7. Which brand shall we buy? 8. That excuse simply doesn't hold water. V. Role Play Card B You are supposed to act as a supplier of car windows. Elements: Negotiate with a car-maker who wants to purchase your products. Complications: 1) Set your price, manufacturing period, percentage of discount for certain amount. (Think of MORE!) 2) You are going to make response to Student A about the order. Your partner will speak first. Listen, then think and respond to what he or she says.Dialogue TwoII. Keys: 1. don’t know much 2. a large selection 3. where to begin with19 4. worried about 5. I’ll take it 6. recommend me III. Keys: 1. small and portable 2. compatible with most of the major music download sites 3. an FM tuner, and headphones 4. 30G of memory for about 7,500 songs IV. Keys: A: Hi, can I help you? B: Yes, please. I am looking for a pair of sneakers. A: Well, I suggest that this pair of sneakers are suitable for you. B: How much ? A: It costs $125. B: That’s unreasonable! It’s overpriced. Any discount? A: It is not negotiatable. We never overcharge. This is our firm offer. B: But I am a regular customer. I’d take it for $100. How about$ 100? A: Sorry, but you can take it by $110. That's our rock bottom price. B: Well, I’ll take it.Section Three Intensive ReadingII. Keys: 1. E 2. G 3. A 4. H 5. D 6. B 7. F 8. CIII. Keys: 1. These air-powered cars can be driven around all day on nothing but lots of air and possibly a pint of gasoline. 2. Because there is no need to build a cooling system, spark plugs, starter motor, or mufflers. What’s more, refueling can be done at home using an air compressor or at service stations, which makes the air-powered cars less costly. 3. The hydrogen-powered cars work with hydrogen from the water as a fuel. 4. It will significantly reduce carbon emissions. 5. The most useful feature is probably the on-board computer which is built in the front passenger dashboard. IV. Keys: 1. mission 2. pollution 3. storage 4. pursue 5.motorcycle20 6. emissions 7. budget 8. containers 9. engine 10. footprintsSection Five Information ExchangingI. Keys: 1. the 109th session of China Import & Export Fair 2. April 15th 3. May 7th 4. hearing from you soon 5. faithfullyUnit Eight Health And Sports Section Two Language Building Dialogue OneI. Keys: 1. Firstly, the desire for beautiful appearance is one of human natures. Secondly, image is very important nowadays, and better looks will give people confidence and help them to be more socially competitive. 2. If someone decides to have a cosmetic surgery, he or she needs to consider the cost of the cosmetic surgery and make sure they can afford it financially. Besides, they should do some research on the surgery and choose the doctor or surgeon carefully. II. Keys: 1. not something to be joked about 2. socially competitive 3. afford 4. agreed to pay for 5. big shining eyes 6. won’t necessarily make one 7. T human natures III. Keys: 1. a person who admires somebody or enjoys watching or listening to somebody very much 2. Normal and true, not made or caused by human beings 3. consider it carefully before making a decision.21 4. don’t have enough money or time to be able to buy or to do something 5. a thing that is wished for IV. Keys: 1. surgery 你的病情很严重,需要动手术。 2. successful 他具备了事业有成的经理人员所具有的一切品质。 3. confidence 你需要的是更多的练习和信心。 4. afford 尽管她坐得起出租汽车,但她从未坐过。 5. admired 这所学校教学优秀,远近称誉。 6. necessarily 较贵的东西不见得就较好。 7. competitive 我们必须更加努力工作以保持对其他公司具有竞争力。 8. joke about 如果我可以这么说的话,这不是可以开玩笑的事。 9. appearance 我猜一定是什么荒谬的事情发生了,要不然你不会有这样的表情 的。 10. research 我们将做一些关于珠江污染的研究。 V. Keys: 1. 毕竟这是一个手术,不是随便可以开玩笑的。 2. 现如今,外表确实很重要,好的外貌能给人带来自信,使他们更具社会竞争 力。 3. 她总是羡慕那些有着迷人大眼睛的女孩。 4. 整形手术能使人变漂亮但不一定会给人带来幸福。 5. 爱美是人的一种天性。Dialogue TwoI. Keys:22 II. Keys: 1. is very strong 2. quite good 3. perfect 4. very flexible 5. consisting of 6. faster than III. Keys: 1. common 这部小说描写那里普通人的生活方式。 2. definitely 景色太好了!而且空气非常新鲜,非常凉爽。这个地方真不错。 3. is strong at 他擅长骑马。 4. consists of 水是由氢氧组成的。 5. amazing 我们国家的经济正以惊人的速度发展。 6. estimate 我们需要对这一政策产生的效果做出评价。 IV. Keys: 1. Skiing has become very popular recently. 滑雪运动最近盛行起来。 2. He was awarded a medal for his daring deeds. 他因勇敢的行为而获得奖牌。 3. She speaks perfect English. 她英语说得好极了。23 4. His parents won’t allow him to stay out late. 他的父母不会允许他在外呆得很 晚。 5. Don’t touch that plate, it’s hot! 别摸那个盘子,烫手! 6. You need to be more flexible and imaginative in your approach. 你的方法必须更 加灵活,更富有想像力。 7. It is estimated that the vase is 2000 years old. 据估计这花瓶有两千年历史。 8. The car reduced speed and turned sharp left. 他减慢速度,向左急转。 9. We can only guess what his next move might be.我们只能推测他在下一次将有什 么动向。 V. Keys: Title: Wins Third Gold Lead: Wang Meng won her third gold medal at the Vancouver Olympics in the women’s 1,000m short track on Friday. Conclusion: Wang’s victory meant China has had a great success of the women’s events in Vancouver Olympic Winter GamesSection Three Intensive ReadingI. Keys: 1. Parkour is an activity with the aim of moving from one point to another as efficiently and quickly as possible, using principally the abilities of the human body. 2. First of all, it is important to feel comfortable and breathe easy when people are playing a sport. For this, people need to wear the right clothing and have the right shoes. Their clothing should be loose and comfortable so that it allows them to move around freely in sports. Besides, a pair of hard-wearing and comfortable shoes is also necessary. Second, if someone wants to be good at a kind of sport, he or she also needs to have right attitude and strong will. And practice it as much as possible, which will improve his or her ability and skill. Remember, practice makes perfect. II. Keys: 1. D 2. F3. B4. G5. C6. A7. EIII. Keys: 1. efficiently 我们需要时常放松一下。只有这样才能更加有效地工作。 2. performed 上海京剧团下星期五将演一场京剧。 3. uncomfortable 昨天晚饭后,我吃了一点水果。早上起来就感觉有点不舒服了。 4. protective 运输途中你们使用什么样的保护性包装? 5. occasionally 我们偶而去田野里散步。 6. achievement 如此年轻的选手有这样的成绩真是了不起。24 7. restricted 在英国,城里的车速限制为每小时 30 英里。 8. ability 无论支付能力如何,每个人都有权得到良好的医疗照顾。 IV. Keys: 1. The best way to start is to watch professional traceurs in action, and get yourself in the spirit. With the right attitude and will and perfect technique, your ability can be always improving, and nobody knows how far you could lead it to. 2. What you wear is entirely up to yourself, as long as it is easy to stretch your body and you feel comfortable. You may wear loose fitting flowing clothes or skin-tight clothes. Both of them are ok. And you needn’t buy expensive outfit like other sports. 3. First, they have to be comfortable. Comfortabi if you are wearing shoes that are uncomfortable it might affect your ability. Second, they have to be grippy, hard-wearing and durable for the great stress the parkours will make. V. Translate the following sentences into English, using the words and phrases given in the brackets. 1. As long as we are fully prepared, we are bound to succeed in the end. 2. First of all, pay attention to safety. Second, take your time and do it correctly. 3. The amount of rain affects the growth of crops. 4. They are more durable than any similar ones on the market. 5. The price will largely depend on the size of the order and the items you want. 6. The work is being pushed ahead as quickly as possible. 7. We wonder whether you would be so kind as to attend our end-of-the-year party. 8. He hopes that he can get a decent job with a good salary. 9. My shoes were worn out after a long time trip. 10. Sanya is principally a holiday resort.Section Five Information ExchangingI. Keys: 1. Swimming 2. Diving 3. Track and Field 4. Badminton 5. Basketball 6. Football 7. Gymnastics 8. Triathlon 9. Shooting 10. Weightlifting 11.Bowling 12.Dragon Boat 13. Volleyball 14. Golf 15. Wrestling 16. Chinese Chess 17. I-go / the Go game 18. Chess 19. Wushu / Chinese Martial Arts 20. Sepak Takraw 21. Boxing 22. Table Tennis / Ping-pong 23. Skating 24. Tennis 25. Road CyclingUnit Nine Life Planning Section Two Language Building25 Dialogue OneI. Keys: 1. The winner of five gold medals in the Beijing Olympics, Nastia Liukin. 2. She has a lot of endorsement deals. 3. No, she will not. But she is interested in doing a little bit of acting and something with fashion. II. Keys: 1. enjoy 2. outside 3. due to 4. committed to 5. see yourself 6. it took 7. be involved with 8. a long way off III. Keys: 1. B 2. A3. B4. B5. C6. D7. AIV. Keys: 1. Pursuing 2. Due to 3. is playing 4. have been dreaming 5. not stay 6. took 7. Seeing 8. to protect 9. held 10. have left V. Keys: A: What sports do you like? B: So many. Pingpong ball, basketball, football and so on. What about you? A: I do not do sports often. I mean, I have few chances to take part in sports. But I watch the football matches a lot. B: Same to me. Do you watch 2010 South African World Cup? A: Who will not! I do every night! B: You are luckier than me. I have to work so I can not sleep late. By the way, which team won last night? A: Portugal won over North Korea at 7:0. B: Undoubtedly, Portugal is much stronger.26 A: But they did their best. B: Yes, they had a glorious defeat. A: Which teams tonight? B: Argentina vs. Spain. A: I am expecting it! I will not miss it! B: Sure!Dialogue TwoII. Keys: 1. unemployment 2. strive for 3. searching for 4. measures 5. expectations 6. choosing 7. determined 8. learn about work 9. paying job. 10. brighter III. Keys: 1. B 2. B3. D4. C5. C6. B7. D8. AIV. Keys: 1. He is worthy to have a place in the team. 2. I have been waiting for you for a long time. 3. Chinese government has taken some effective measures to control inflation. 4. Many parents hold too high expectation on her children. 5. Lily is unlikely to win this game. 6. No matter what you do, you should consider it carefully. V. Keys: A: I heard you have changed your career. B: Yes, under the economic crisis, I have no choice. A: I see, I am also in the edge of unemployment. B: Not only us, I heard a banker in Wall Street changed his profession to policeman. A: I know that the police has become one of the best jobs in New York. B: After all, the crisis is so serious. A: Yeah, most of people are out of work. B: I hope it doesn’t become even worse. A: The government has adopted useful measures to solve the problems, I think it will be better. B: Hope so.27 Section Three Intensive ReadingI. Keys: 1. India is a country in Asia with a great population. It is one neighbor of China, but it is told that many Indian people are very poor. 2. Yes, I would. I think the most direct way is to donate for them. Some money, some clothes, and some textbooks will be helpful for them. And we can also organize to volunteer to teach them. II. Keys: 1. B 2. C III. Keys: 1. D 2. A3. A4. D3. C4. C5. A6. B7. D8. BIV. Keys: 1. Congratulations 2. Following 3. estimated 4. pursue 5. committed 6. honestly 7. rescued 8. unimaginable 9. volunteer 10. awareness V. Keys: 1. She take one month off due to her illness. 2. I decided to volunteer teaching in a poor village. 3. The economy this year is in a worse condition than in last year. 4. The kind people provide us with clothes. 5. The party starts with a great song. 6. Whenever you go, I will follow you. 7. The father said he would come back as soon as he can. 8. I am foolish enough to trust him! 9. Even if you are in poverty, I still love you.Unit Ten Occupation Selection Section Two Language Building Dialogue OneI. Keys: 1. Candidates who have had different jobs can work in a variety of environments and cultures will be more employable. 2. It’s urgent for companies to rethink their management styles and learn how to stabilize their staff.28 II. Keys: 1. job appliers 2. a smart career move 3. stable development 4. exceeding supply 5. fit in 6. cater 7. challenge 8. management styles 9. connected 10. open-minded IV. Keys: 1. completed 2. graduated from 3. career 6. offer 7. earned 8. donate 9. at hand V. Keys: 1. rare 2. smart 3. stable 4. exceed 5. in 6. blame 7. cater 8. urgent 9. connected 10. open-minded4. Instead of 10. move on5. figuringDialogue TwoII. Keys: 1. th immigrants 2. state-owned enterprise 3. A obtain 4. offered 5. cannot survive 6. T narrowed III. Keys: 1. Additionally 2. To be frank 3. due to 4. According to 5. in spite of 6. In conclusion IV. Keys: 1. advertising2. were proved3. growing294. did not attend 5. returning6. soaring7. following8. postingSection Three Intensive ReadingI. Keys: 1. Because of the economic recession in full effect and its impact on job market. 2. They like foreign teachers’ fluent foreign language, their completely different foreign education manner, and the great differences of the two traditional cultures which foreign teachers displayed. 3. Dealing with a different language, customs and official procedures. II. Keys: 1. C 2. D 3. G 4. E 5. H 6. B 7. F 8. A III. Keys: 1. They can work as a writer, a designer, a model, a DJ or a financial consultant. 2. About 6000 RMB. 3. Getting life experience. 4. He wanted to establish relationships with others. 5. International working experience. IV. Keys: 1. recession 2. crucial 3. challenges 4. reliable 5. avail of 6. indispensable 7. Establishing 8. burnt out 9. attaches great importance to 10. displayed V. Keys: 1. Using the right hand to shake hands is a convention in many countries. Reading aloud is very important for us to learn a foreign language. 2. Only those who are happy treasure today. Only those who cherish today are happy. Those who were absent without excuse will be punished. 3. I am well aware that this is a tough job. We are fully aware that we are undergoing a very long adjustment period. 4. Water is an indispensable part of our life, especially the drinking water. To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness! 5. I used to live in London. She used to complain without good cause.Section Five Information ExchangingI. Keys: To: __________________________ From: ________________________ Subject: Job Application30 Date: June 12, 2010 Dear Sir or Madam, I would like to apply for the position of Foreign Trade Manager you advertised in Shanghai Times of March 21. You are a large state-owned corporation and have a fine management system. I major in International Trade with solid trading knowledge, computer skills, and language abilities (CET-6) and excellent business negotiation capabilities in English. And I will graduate this July. I am a Party member, and I enjoy challenges, communications and co-ordinations. I believe I am well qualified for this post and hope you will consider me for an interview. Faithfully Yours _____________ (Mr./Ms.) Enclosed: Resume in Chinese and English31
新思维高职高专英语 综合教程 第二册 答案——为大家提供各种日常写作指导,同时提供范文参考。主要栏目有:范文大全、个人简历、教案下载、课件中心、 优秀作文、考试辅导、试题库、诗词鉴赏。
相关文档:
下载文档:
搜索更多:
All rights reserved Powered by
copyright &copyright 。甜梦文库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。|

我要回帖

更多关于 高职高专院校排名 的文章

随机推荐